Sunday, May 25, 2014

10 Things I Would Like to do This Summer!

I am linking up with Deanna Jump and friends to share 10 things I'd like to do this summer!! 

Oh man, where to start? There are so many things I would like to get done! Ok, here goes :) 

Number 1
I have always wanted to be a runner, but have never consistently kept it up. It always one thing or another that gets in the way, like getting sick or the weather getting cold and snowy... Well I have decided that I want to run a 5K before we try for another little bean, so I have started jogging again. I load Little Bean into the car and head to the beach or one of the beautiful parks in our area. I then proceed to jog with our awesome Bob jogging stroller, and then we hit the swings ~ swinging is one of Little Bean's all time favorite things to do :) One thing that keeps me going is my Run Keeper app. I love that it tracks how far I've gone and what my average pace is, although I vary my pace for heart health. You can also set it to play music from your iTunes play list which is pretty cool. 

Number 2 
Work on my TpT store! I have so many products swirling around in my mind just waiting to be created! Now to find the time... :) I'd also like to revamp some of my older projects. My goal is to create two each month ~ we'll see! What are your goals for creating products? Any tips or tricks?

Number 3
Begin and finish a painting! I haven't painted for pleasure since finding out I was pregnant. I mostly oil paint and that's not safe during pregnancy due to all the fumes. We have friends getting married this fall and my gift to our friends who get married has always been a painting. They send me a photo and I paint it! It makes me so happy to know my artwork makes other people happy :)


Number 4
Cook/bake more recipes from Pinterest. I love cooking and baking, and fortunately I was blessed with a little one who will (usually) happily sit in his high chair munching on snacks or playing while I cook and bake. I always show him what I'm doing and let him "help" me, which he loves :) I was also blessed with a husband who is willing to try just about anything! There have only been a few meals that he's said "I'd be ok if you didn't make that one again..." Haha ;)

Number 5 
Work on Little Bean's photo book. We love creating photo books through iPhoto on our computer, so I began one Little Bean's first month and had lofty goals of doing one month at a time. Of course, that only lasted for the first 5 months and then Christmas and TpT took over (I know, excuses, excuses). So, I am a few months behind! The fact that he's our first and our iPhones make taking good photos ridiculously easy means that we literally have thousands of photos. So, this is a big goal and a big project! 

Number 6
Take a road trip home. I haven't been home to Ithaca, NY, in the summer in years. I would really like to take Little Bean and have a family get together not made crazy by Christmas/snowy weather. It's so beautiful there in the summer!! It's a pretty long drive and my husband isn't sure he can swing the time off, but we are brainstorming how to make it happen.


Number 7
Visit my best friend and her baby boy! She is about 6 hrs away from us now but they are in the middle of packing to move to a new state, so our visit has been put on hold until they relocate - it's killing me! I can't wait to meet and snuggle the little guy and introduce him and Little Bean :)

Number 8 
Get some sewing done. There are always so many projects I want to make! Even before I had Little Bean I always had a million sewing projects I wanted to get done. I dream of a time when I can have a studio space to paint, draw, sew etc. My huge dream is to not only have a studio to do those things but also have space for a wheel to throw pots and a small kiln. I miss pottery so much!!! Someday, someday. 

Number 9
To take advantage of the beautiful area we live in by visiting lots of parks/playgrounds, going to the zoo, aquarium, children's museum etc. and exploring some new hiking trails. We love being outside and thankfully so does Little Bean! 

Number 10
Work on my tan! My brother is getting married this fall and I can't wait! My soon to be sister-in-law picked out beautiful bridesmaid dresses that have a strap on one side and are strapless on the other. Wearing a strapless bathing suit top with a little one is dangerous; wearing one with a little one who is exclusively breast fed and knows exactly where the  milk comes from is out of the question! Haha. Hopefully I can get a little time on the weekends to get some sun on my own. Ooh, maybe I can even squeeze in some reading... :) We'll see!

What fun this has been! Hopefully writing these goals/desires down like this will help them come to life :) What are your goals for the summer? I'd love to read them! 
Happy (almost) Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment